Today I got home from work and decided it would be a good night to take Bailey and Collins to the dog park… ALONE! I know it doesn’t sound so crazy, but Bailey is 4 months old and Collins gets overly excited when she gets her harness on. It was also the first time I was talking them both out alone.
Here is how it went:
- Finally got both harness/leashes on, ready to get out the door and realized I forgot treats. Went back for treats; forgot my water. Went to the park thirsty.
- Bailey refuses to walk with her leash so I eventually had to carry her to the car (which is nearly impossible these days, she’s getting BIG). People think I’m crazy.
- Bailey is more interested in the people, rather than playing with the dogs. She sat on a strangers lap for 20 minutes.
- So grateful for the man throwing the squeaky tennis ball for his dog – Collins loved them and I didn’t have to throw a ball for an hour!
- Collins puked. poor girl. Bailey ate it. I almost puked.
- Bailey did not pee ONCE at the park. Got home, peed in the center of the living room. Thanks girl.
Having a puppy is NOT all happy cuddle photos and fluffy kisses, but it was SO worth it to see their smiling faces on the drive home. Now time for wine and a bubble bath.